So glad you came on over from my friend Kathy Thisted in our Fun n’ Crafty Team blog hop. Our team was focusing on projects with a Valentine’s theme. To be honest, I haven’t really been feeling the love if you know what I mean. Life has been getting in the way. We all go through the season from time to time. So this is a card, I literally through together with scraps. Yep, you heard me scraps off my desk. And you know what, that was a challenge in itself. We always have scraps laying around that just seem to pile up. So why not start to use them up!
My man and I create rustic home furniture and well his ideas and sketch pad have been flowing. So, I thought why not use the saw image from Nailed It over a heart stamped with Hardwood background stamp. I also added the little touch of an imprint on “KN” on the saw blade. It just happens to be our itials. I used the sentiment stamp by inking the “KN” in the word “knew”. I also hand cut the little screws out of a scrap of Silver Foil paper to add a touch of bling – without it being to girly.
I’m going to send you off to our fearless team leader Jennifer Blomquist. Thanks for hopping with us and for joining in our our inspiration.
Welcome to the Fun & Crafty Blog Hop for November 2016! If you are following along you have just left my dear friend Christine over at Artful Musings. I’m so excited to welcome you to the Inky Fingers Stamping Blog. I’m also just a we bit nervous as I have NEVER EVER participated in a blog hop before. So pardon my nervousness 🙂
Today, I’d like share with you a clean and simple Christmas card made from the Peaceful Pine photopolymer stamp set. This card really strikes accord with me. It’s clean, simple and elegant. Best of all it’s easy to mass produce or to create it in different color combinations. The possibilities are endless. While I was away attending OnStage Local in Vancouver, British Columbia this was one of the cards that I swaped with my fellow Demonstrators.
Tips to making this card:
- Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner of the accent layer prior to running through the Big Shot
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the accent layer to the card base
- Mini Glue Dots are perfect to hold the bow in place
- Stampin’ Dimensionals are used to add dimension to the circle and tree
- Card base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ – scored at 4 1/4″
- Accent layer: 4″x 5 1/4″
- Circle: 2″
Supplies to make card:
- Peaceful Pines photopolymer stamp set 139728 (page 28 of the Annual Catalog)
- Perfect Pines Framelits 139665 (page 192 of the Annual Catalog)
- Night of Navy card stock 100867
- Whisper White card stock 100730
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper 135315
- Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad 126970
- Silver 1/8″ Ribbon 132137
- Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 139672
- Mini Glue Dots 103683
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 143263
- Fast Fuse Adhesive 129026
- Fast Fuse Refill 129027
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430
I’ve love for you to visit my other Fun & Crafty friends.
To go back to Christine at Artful Musings click the previous button
To continue on our blog hop and visit Danielle at Going to College