Sometimes, you just don’t feel it. Which is totally the case with this card. Although, I do have a tip and trick to share with you, but that will come another day. Now looking at it, I am thinking a bit of Wink of Stella or using a Stampin’ Write Maker may give it that little extra something I am looking for. So for now, I’ll share the clean and simple version with you.
Fall is in the air. Time to start baking treats to share with family, friends and co-workers. It’s also a time I reflect on all the people who have given so much to me. Well, now that I have typed that it seems aweful. I am grateful year round, I promise. I think we all get so busy during the spring and summer that we tend to not think about all the blessings people have brought into our lives.
Fun tip about this card:
- When using a dark card base, add a piece of light colored coordinating card stock to the inside to write your personal note on.
- Take it one step further, write your message on a sticky note and as your friend to pass on the card with a word of encouragement.
I was pretty unsure about this set at first. I saw lots of cute cards using the hydgrania framelit from the set. Turning them into flowers, pumpkins, coaches – just so many cute idea. I just didn’t think the set was me and for that matter think I could do anything with it.
This card was one that we made during the September Cards and Chocolate meetups. During the meetups several people changed up the sentiment, stamped the birds in different colors, just made it their own.
Fun tips for this card:
- Use the large “single word” sentiment to make a background
- Attach twine prior to putting base on card
- Emboss an element to add dimension
- Use an aqua painter to to spread color around to give it a more subtle look
- Use small scraps of dollies to add dimension